Whatever the application, Ace Pipe Cleaning has best-in-class cleaning technology to get pipelines clean – no matter how tough the deposits.
There are five important reasons why pipeline cleaning is critical:
- Condition Assessments: Prior to a condition assessment, it’s critical to clean pipe build-up in order to insert internal pipe diagnostic tools.
- Hydraulic Efficiencies: Cleaning restores the hydraulic efficiencies of the pipe, improving carrying capacity.
- Lower Pump Pressure: Clearing pipe build-ups reduces the amount of work a pump must undergo to transmit water down the pipeline.
- Water Quality: Deposits on the inside of a pipeline can affect the water quality, turbidity and taste.
- Preparing for Lining & Repairs: Cleaning is a necessary step prior to any pipe rehabilitation services.
Your choice of pipeline cleaning options
Jetting is the process of using a high-pressured flow of water to scour the interior surface of a pipe to remove scale or other debris that’s built up over time.
- Key Benefits of Jetting:
- Easier access planning with cut-ins
- Less water, especially if recycling water
- Track progress with hose length
Pigging is a process that cleans and removes debris on the inside of the pipe using a device called a pig that’s propelled through the pipeline by the normal water flow. Pigs are usually cylindrical or spherical to aid movement and cleaning efficiency.
- Key Benefits of Pigging:
- Less expensive equipment
- Ability to clean very long piping runs (up to a mile in one run)
Scraping is a mechanical process in which a device is pushed or pulled through a pipeline to remove built-up deposits on the pipe wall. Because scraping cleans a pipe down to bare metal, this process should always been accompanied by a pipe lining method to prevent accelerated corrosion.
- Key Benefits of Scraping:
- Can remove the hardest of pipe deposits for long-term, effective cleaning
- Doesn’t rely on water pressure or pipe flow